Wednesday 24 July 2024

Tulips - Coloured Pencil on Pastelmat

Good Morning, today I am sharing with you my finally completed Tulips drawing.  This was drawn on Pastelmat, light grey.  I really enjoyed using this surface to use my coloured pencils on, they blend so easily with just with a cotton bud.  This was completed in 2 halves, 1 year apart.  The first part was done as free lesson just drawing 1 tulip, the second part was finished as a member of the Bonny Snowdon Ignite a year later.  I trialled it for a short time and really enjoyed it.  However, I am not focused enough to commit to one hobby as I have several, all craft related so I completed my drawing and happy with the result.  I enjoy realistic drawing when I find the time to do it. 





Using Pastelmat with pencils was very different to my experience using it with pastel pencils which I hated however I really enjoyed using my pencils on this surface. I used trace down to transfer the line drawing.  

This drawing took me several hours to complete, I have found that coloured pencil drawing is very very time consuming as there is lots and lots of light layers.  I am a bit too impatient to commit to this as a singular hobby.  I prefer to just dip in and out when my mood suits. 

 Thank you for stopping bye x 

Debbie 



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Voice Of The Sea

Good morning, today I 'm sharing with you my art journal page. This is for the anything goes challenge over on Ally's Angels.    I ...